I hope it smashes cake all over the place.
1. I am extremely thankful that I literally caught my patient mid-fall this week. I had to take her to an appointment, and we were in the parking lot on the way to her car. She walks with a walker. I was on her right, and somehow her left foot got caught against the curb and she was about to go down. If I’d literally been one step further away, she’d have landed on the concrete. In the moment that I was catching her I was saying, “No, no, NO!” because I was determined that she was NOT going to fall! I had to hold her up while she regained her balance. It was not easy. The rest of the day she kept saying how glad she was that I was so close and kept her from falling. I was thinking, you and me both! Whew, what a close call.
2. Right after we got home from the appointment, we had a huge thunderstorm. The rain was coming down in buckets, there was thunder, lightning, the whole deal. I am very thankful that we made it home just in time. When one uses a walker, walks extremely slowly, and is prone to falls, getting caught in a thunderstorm is a big deal.
3. I’m thankful that, other than that incident, we had a really great day. I work mostly nights, which means for much of my shift, she’s asleep. I enjoy working the occasional day shift so that I get to spend time with her.
4. My area is having a huge FREE pet adoption event this weekend. I keep seeing Facebook updates from the local rescue groups and humane society about all the dogs and cats who have found homes already today. (Just saw an update that today’s total was 552 pets! And they still have all day tomorrow!! I can’t wait to see what the total numbers are at the end.) Thankful for happy endings and new beginnings!
5. I had a FroYo date with my oldest daughter Shelbie this past week. Fun girl time + yummy frozen yogurt= Win!
6. I dreamed that I was married to Kenny Chesney. Or we could have just been dating; that part really wasn’t very clear. The fact that I’m already married didn’t factor into this dream at all. Now, I like Kenny Chesney, always have, but in my dream, he was a total jerk. He was really mean and yelled and talked down to me all the time. So I left him. I’m thankful that past experience has taught me not to tolerate being treated that way, not even by a celebrity, not even in a dream!
7. Byron and I both have kids graduating from high school this year. I am thankful that, just by coincidence, they go to the same school. It makes Graduation Day a lot easier for us! We joked that we planned that well.
8. I’m thankful that school is almost out and summer break is nearly here!
9. Our blackberry bushes are getting loaded with blackberries. Cobbler time!
10. Last but not least, I am thankful for 10 Things of Thankful! I really love this hop and the way it makes me stop and reflect on all of the good things of the past week. I’m thankful to all of the hosts and the work they do to make it happen every week. Here’s to another year of Thankful!