This weekend has been FULL of things for which to be thankful, so I’m jumping right in!
1. I am thankful for Energy! I didn’t realize until I left my hospital job how utterly physically and mentally draining it actually was. I have so much more energy now! Before, I was sleeping every chance I got. No more! I was up early every day this weekend – and BUSY.
2. Saturday I was up before 8am. Elayna and I picked up her friend and the three of us went to a local Zucchini Festival. It was fun, and OMG, fried zucchini dipped in ranch is phenomenal! Then, we did some shopping, I cleaned my house top to bottom, I washed two trucks, I cooked a meal plus a birthday cake, and then we had friends and family over to celebrate my birthday, Elayna’s friend’s birthday, as well as the birthday of another friend/neigbor who came over. It was a potluck/weiner roast; I made hot dogs, deer sausage, and potato salad, and my one of my friends brought baked beans and some refreshing beverages.
3. Sunday – up before 7am . Took Elayna’s friend back to her Dad, came home and got ready for church. After church, we went to my mother-in-law’s house where I cooked two pans of lasagna, two vegetables, and garlic bread. I always make lasagna for Mother’s Day and even though everyone was willing to do something different so I could have a ‘day off’, I really wanted lasagna! And I love cooking. We hung out afterwards, and the plan was to go swimming in my MIL’s pool, but storms came in and shot those plans down. But we still had fun! There were 14 of us there total- my family including Shelbie’s boyfriend, my parents, MIL, my sister, my niece and her little family.
4. My mom brought dessert today. I requested this Fresh Strawberry Cake and I was glad I did! It is delicious. I now have leftovers from two birthday cakes to eat. Ooops.
5. I am thankful to still have a Mama to celebrate with. As my parents get older, I am more aware of that.
6. I got some beautiful gifts from my children this year. My son gave me a gift card to buy flowers for my garden. My girls gave me lovely, handmade gifts from their hearts as well as some small gifts and cards.
9. I even got a card from Dusty, my daughter Shelbie’s boyfriend , saying Happy Mother’s Day and thank you for raising a sweet, beautiful daughter. You gotta love that.
10. Basically, my weekend was perfect. I was surrounded by all of my friends, family, and favorites, full of delicious food, and had a lot of fun! And now….I am exhausted and ready for bed!
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day and weekend!