I always think of Fall as my favorite season,
but this Spring is so gorgeous, I’m starting to reconsider!
Anyway…. it’s Thankful Time!
1. I am thankful that my stepson’s girlfriend took this photo:
2. I am very thankful that my daughter and her boyfriend enjoyed Senior Prom. I am thankful that Dusty was healthy enough to go.
3. I am thankful to report that neither Shelbie NOR Dusty TWERKED at prom. Yes, I asked. HA!
4. I’m thankful for treatment for T-cell lymphoma; without that, Dusty most likely would not have been at prom on Friday night.
5. I love to cook and consider myself a pretty good cook (because everyone says so). But for a long time I couldn’t seem to master three things that are considered very basic and most beginner cooks can make: fried eggs, omelets, and pancakes.
I am proud, and thankful, to announce that within the past couple of years I have mastered all three of these things, most recently the omelet. I am now thoroughly enjoying omelets every chance I get! (P.S. it’s all about temperature and butter/oil – for all three things! Also, patience. Never my strong suit.)
6. I am thankful that my gardenia bush is blooming! Gardenias can be finicky and hard to coax to bloom; they’re all sensitive about pH and acidity and stuff. But all I did was plant this bad boy, and once spring came, it went crazy! I love having nice, rich soil.
7. My jasmine is blooming too! WOOHOO Thankful for SPRING.
8. You may have heard that parts of Florida have been experiencing severe flooding this past week. My brother and his family live in one of the effected areas and I am very THANKFUL that they are safe and unharmed!
9. We did get a ton of rain where I live during this past week, and I am so thankful that the sun is finally out today! It peeked out yesterday just before sunset, which was a big old tease.
10. I work nights, and the past few days I have worked one night, then was off the next, then worked, etc. I was off last night (Saturday night) and I work tonight at 7pm. But this morning I woke up at 7:40 and absolutely panicked! I thought it was 7:40 PM! I grabbed my phone and noticed that nobody from work had called looking for me, so I got confused, and then finally looked at the time more closely and saw that it said 7:40 AM. Whew! And then I had a headache from waking up in a panic. Ha! I was THANKFUL that I was not, in fact, late for work!
Hope y’all are having a wonderful weekend with MUCH to be thankful for!
Linking up with 10 Things of Thankful & Sundays in my City