I am running late for TToT, but I have an excuse- it’s been a busy couple of days around here!
This morning we went to a funeral; my mother-in-law’s cousin passed away. She had been ill for a long time so it wasn’t unexpected, but of course it was still sad. Her parents are both still living, and each time I saw her 85 year old father cry, I nearly burst into tears myself. Nobody should bury their own child, ever, at any age.
Elayna’s birthday is coming up next week, and as part of her celebration/gift, she and I had a Girls’ Day Out yesterday. We got pedicures, then went to dinner and a movie (Saving Mr. Banks). This morning when I woke up, I found this on my dresser:
Which leads me to my Thankful list:
1. I am thankful that I have taught my kids to be thankful. It makes me proud.
2. I am thankful for pedicures, because that was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
3. I am thankful for purple nail polish, because it makes me smile every time I look at my toes.
4. I am thankful for massage chairs, hot water, and those fabulous little jets that shoot the hot water onto your feet. It’s like a mini-hot tub, just for your footsies.
5. I am thankful for the nail techs who do the pedicures, and the fact that everyone in the world is not skeeved out by feet the way I am. I couldn’t do pedicures, and I’m so thankful for those who can!
6. I am thankful for the Free Movie pass I got from work! It was only $7.50 for both of us to get into a movie. Amazing!
7. I am thankful that I received the Pea Pod pendant that I won from Misty’s Mystical Jewelry. I love it!
8. I am thankful for the Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup I made for dinner tonight. It was my first time making it, and it turned out DELICIOUS.
9. I am thankful that my son came over to have dinner with us and loved the soup, too. I knew he would; stuffed peppers are one of his favorite dishes.
10. I am thankful for warm dinners, a warm home, and a warm bed to sleep in, which is what I am going to do right now! Good night and have a wonderful weekend!