It’s a new year and a new list of 10 Things of Thankful!
1. Like most of the country, we had some extremely cold temperatures last week. I was in bed and the heat was blasting so hard, I actually had to remove some of my covers. This made me think of all the people who were cold that night, for whatever reason (homeless, no power, no heating oil, etc). It reminded me to be thankful for what I have: heat, blankets, warm clothes, etc….
2. I’m thankful that I live in Florida and don’t have to deal with seriously cold weather. I am CRANKY when I am cold!
3. I am thankful for Blistex. This weather makes me SO dry and my poor lips were terribly chapped. Blistex to the rescue!
4. I’m thankful that it’s already warmed up, and the temps should be in the 80’s this weekend.
5. I am thankful that I was able to help out my best friend this week. She’s been going through some very hard times, financial and otherwise. She needed to find a job. I can’t hand her money to help out, but I did help her get a job! At my last job, doing home health care, they really liked me and I left on very good terms. So when Danielle went in to apply and told them I sent her…she was hired on the spot! She is so excited, and I am so happy for her!
6. I am thankful that she and I have been best friends for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS. That blows my mind.
7. I am thankful that my BFF’s sister-in-law recently graduated from cosmetology school and is now working at a salon and gave me a pretty awesome haircut! It’s nice to have a stylist that you trust, and a bonus that you can talk the whole time without having to resort to ‘small talk’.
8. I am thankful for a very rewarding week at work, which I plan to blog about more this coming week.
9. I am thankful that my picky-eater husband LOVED the fifteen-bean soup I made this past week. I am on a soup kick lately and I love making homemade soup.
10. Speaking of food – I’m thankful for a delicious dinner out at a seafood restaurant last night with my MIL and husband. I had the grilled shrimp and fried green tomatoes. It was super-yummy!
Keep the thankful vibe going and join in with your own 10 Things of Thankful post!
Just click on the button at the beginning of this post.