It’s Saturday, and just because Thanksgiving is over does NOT mean we can’t be thankful any more! So I’m joining in for Ten Things of Thankful.
I did the 30 Days of Thankful on Facebook, although I missed a few days and totally do NOT feel guilty about that because sometimes, you just have to give yourself a break.
Anyway, some of my 10 Things today are borrowed from my Facebook thankful posts. Because why not? That’s why.
1. I am thankful for Hair Color. I may be an old lady, but at least I’m not a gray haired old lady!
2. Thankful that the driver who pulled out in front of my BIG RED TRUCK stopped just short of me crashing into him. It was a close one!!!! (seriously, it was a pizza guy who was sitting at a stop sign and then suddenly decided to pull out just as I’m passing, almost t-boning me!)
3. Thankful for my great-nieces. They are SO much fun, and they bring so much happiness and joy to our family.
4. I’m thankful for my pets. Last night I had a dog at my feet, a dog beside me, and a cat on my chest. They are such wonderful companions, and I just love them.
5. I am thankful for a warm home and a soft, warm bed. When I leave work in the morning it has been COLD lately, and it feels so good to climb into a warm bed! And I can’t help but think of the people out there who don’t have that luxury. My heart goes out to them.
6. Thankful for five days off for the Thanksgiving holiday. Since I (usually) work three 12 hour shifts per week, I was able to just adjust my days so that I had five days off in a row. And I’m enjoying it!
7. This was my Thanksgiving Facebook post:
Happy Thanksgiving to All! Today I am feeling VERY Thankful. For…a WARM home. My smart, happy, healthy, thoughtful, KIND and caring kids, Tim, Shelbie and Elayna. My loving husband Byron (it’s our first “married” Thanksgiving!) ALL of my family, the ones I will see today and the ones who I will miss today. The health and happiness of all of them. My friends who have been there for me for another crazy year. And the food that will soon be in my belly!
8. My Black Friday post =)
Thankful that I do NOT, will NOT, EVER do the Black Friday thing! Y’all who do, knock yourselves out (not literally!), be safe and have fun! I’ll be right here cuddled up with my dogs, in my pajamas!
9. I am thankful for the Chocolate Covered Cherries that my Mom gets me every year around the holidays. Clear centers ONLY, thankyouverymuch!
10. I am thankful to have so much for which to be thankful!