In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful,
but gratefulness that makes us happy.
~Brother David Steindl-Rast
I love it when I have the time and energy to do a Thankful post! I’m doing the 30 Days of Thankful thing on Facebook, so I’m borrowing some of those updates for this post. Aren’t I clever? (side note: I don’t understand why some people find the 30 Days of Thankful posts so annoying. Of all the truly offensive things people post, why get upset over something positive and uplifting? Sheesh.)
Jumping right in –
1. I am thankful that my husband and my parents get along. Byron is very thoughtful and cares about them, and respects them. Last weekend Byron pressure washed my parents’ porch roof and some other stuff on their house (not sure exactly what, I was inside eating!). Then this past week he told me he’d like to have my parents over this weekend to watch the Gator game and eat some venison. My parents LOVE venison, especially my dad. So today my parents will be coming over, and Byron’s Mom is coming too. I’m cooking a whole BUNCH of good food. I’m looking forward to it!
2. I’m very thankful that both my husband AND my father quit smoking this year! Byron quit in January, and my Dad quit around April/May I believe? Anyway…..proud of and grateful for these two men of mine!
3. I’m thankful that I went to the UF Homecoming Parade yesterday with my niece and her little family (her husband and two baby girls). It’s always fun to experience something like a parade with a small child; it brings the magic back!
4. I am thankful for my home sweet home, out in the woods.
5. I am thankful for books. I love to read. Love is an understatement. I am obsessed with reading.
6. And to stretch this into two Things….I am thankful for my Kindle app on my iPhone. I have probably already used that one, but it’s definitely worth mentioning again. What a treasure!
7. Oh My Gosh, I am thankful for the wonderful cinnamon brooms that are sold around this time every year. I got one today and my house smells AMAZING!
8. I’m thankful for my job. I appreciate the flexibility in scheduling, the co-workers who make the job fun, and the patients who are so appreciate of hard work and good care.
9. I am thankful for the internet, where you can find, and purchase, the most awesomely obscure items that, pre-internet, you’d have had to scour the earth to find! Like a book you read 20 years ago and wanted to read again, or a phone case that you saw in a movie and thought was cool. (amazon is awesome! totally not a sponsored shout-out!)
10. I am thankful that my Mama is making Chocolate Delight, one of my favorite desserts of ALL TIME, and bringing it over today. I’m drooling already.
How about you? Link up or just come read!