Yesterday did not start off well.
I had two very important events to attend: an appointment, and Elayna’s Meet-the-Teacher. I got up in plenty of time and got dressed. It was pouring down rain, which does not make me happy, but out the door we went.
We got in the truck and Byron turned the key and guess what happened?
By this time it was storming but he still tightened cables and then tried the jump box, while lightning flashed around us.
I waved the white flag. I rescheduled my appointment and I missed Elayna’s Meet-the-Teacher.
And I went back to bed.
So, this incident has inspired my Thankful post today.
I am thankful for…..
1. Family (my stepson) who is willing and able to come help when we have these emergencies.
2. My mother-in-law having an extra vehicle that we can use in these emergencies.
(unfortunately this didn’t happen in time to help out with the things we needed to do yesterday, but at least we have it now.)
3. My husband, who helped cheer up an otherwise craptastic day.
4. Living in the South. Because the South has Publix.
5. And Publix had snow crab legs on sale for 7.99/lb.
6. Snow crab legs. They are a little piece of heaven.
7. They also have butter pecan frozen yogurt. Quick back story – since my gastric bypass surgery over 5 years ago, I haven’t been able to eat ice cream. It makes me horribly sick. I recently discovered that I can, however, eat Fro Yo. And that has made my life a whole lot happier!
8. Visitors. Although I truly love living Back in the Bush, it can get isolating at times. We have had 3 times the normal amount of rainfall this summer, making our dirt road extremely difficult to drive down. If you have a small car – forget it. So when we do get visitors, I really enjoy it. Yesterday Byron’s aunt and uncle came by for the first time, and I was happy for the company.
9. The above mentioned dirt road is currently being repaired. Once they’re done, it should be in really great shape and passable for any type of vehicle! YAY!
10. I’m thankful that my appointment was easily moved to early next week. I won’t let this little setback get me down; I am on a mission and I’m thankful for my hubby and family for encouraging me and supporting me.
~~ Go read more Ten Things of Thankful! Post Your Own! Have a good weekend!~~